- District-scale Gold camp
- Project located on Giant plutonic gold systems
- Potential multimillion-ounce gold discovery
- High grade gold occurrences over the entire project area; a robust gold system.
- Historic exploration suggests potential for discovery of multiple large bulk-mineable deposits
- Proposed gas pipeline passes by property and near the Beluga gas power station
- Adjacent to the 6.3Moz Au, 28.7Moz Ag, 480kt Cu Whistler project
The Estelle Copper Gold Project is comprised of one-hundred and seventy-three (173) unpatented mining claims located on State of Alaska public lands (Figure 2). There are multiple prospects within the project area; Oxide (Oxide Ridge, Oxide Valley, Oxide North and Oxide South); Stoney (Stoney, Tomahawk, Kid and Trundle); Mount Estelle (Mount Estelle, Shoeshine and Train); and Emerald (RPM and Revelation).
The Estelle Copper Gold project is located approximately 110 miles northwest of Anchorage and approximately 112 miles southeast of McGrath; within the Seward Meridian and partially within the Talkeetna A-6, Tyonek D8, and Lime Hills D-1 USGS 63,360 Quadrangles.
The 112km2 Estelle landholding sits adjacent to the Whistler project (+ 9.5 Moz AuEq) held by Gold Mining Inc. and in the same assemblage of rocks that hosts Northern Dynasty’s giant Pebble copper-gold-molybdenum-silver deposit (105 Moz Au). A direct correlation between gold grade and vein density is similarly reported at the Fort Knox (+ 4 Moz) and Dublin Gulch (+ 6 Moz) RIRGS deposits.
A study by University of Nevada into Ore Characterization in the region found:
- association of Au with Bi-Te,
- association of Au with sheeted veins containing arsenopyrite, and
- restriction of alteration to narrow selvages adjacent to veins at the Estelle Property are consistent with the genetic deposit model for RIRGS
ADVANCED GOLD EXPLORATION PROJECT IN ALASKA (Estelle Gold Camp – 51% earn-in stage achieved)
Exploration Target on a relatively small area of the Estelle gold project (Oxide prospect) between 115Mt and 249Mt grading 0.6 to 0.67 g/t Au for a total of 2.2 to 5.3 Moz Au (refer ASX Announcement 6 December 2018).
The Company’s ranked and prioritised systematic exploration strategy and activities at Estelle are guided by an exploration “Project Pipeline” process to maximise the probability of multiple major discoveries (Table 1). Each Milestone is defined by a specific deliverable and has each criteria needs to be ticked to determine which prospect must pass through before moving to the next Milestone. Economic criteria and probability of success increase as projects move along the pipeline. The methodology helps to ensure work is carried out across all stages of the process, cost are kept minimal and that focus is kept on the best quality targets and that the pipeline is kept full with early Milestone projects.
|Big Picture (Historical Data Review)|
|IP Surveys overlay of Alteration Zone|
|RC and/or Diamond Drilling|
Table 1: Prioritised Systematic Exploration Strategy