Late in 2021, Nova commenced next stage PFS level test work programs including ore-sorting, metallurgical, environmental, engineering and power, etc. for both the Korbel Main and RPM North Deposits. The company expects to complete this work in 2023 and move towards a Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS) thereafter.
These works are being completed with the assistance of a highly experienced and reputable group of independent consultants, based in the USA and Canada, including:
- ABH Engineering
- Process and Infrastructure Design, Economic Modelling and Assessment
- Forte Dynamics
- Open Pit Optimisation and Mine Design
- ABR, Inc.
- Wetlands Studies
- SLR International Corporation
- Initial Analysis of the Geology and Workplan Preparation
- Sampling and Testing
- Ore and Mine Waste Geochemistry Review & Recommendations
- Preliminary Engineering Recommendations for the Design of Tailings and Waste Rock Storage Facilities
- Arcadis U.S., Inc.
- Hydrologic and Fisheries Study
- Canmine Consultants
- Resource Estimation
- Jade North
- Environmental and Permitting
- Futureproof Sustainability
- ESG and Sustainability
As part of these PFS level works, Nova commenced a conceptual material haulage study in early February to evaluate the viability of a long-range slurry pipe as the primary means of transportation of ore for the Estelle Gold Trend, specifically to haul high grade material from the RPM North Deposit to the main processing plant planned to be constructed in the Korbel Valley.